To be eligible for consideration for an Inclusive Centenaries Scholarship, you must be a school leaver who is permitted to remain in Ireland within the terms of the International Protection Act 2015 and/or other relevant national legislation noted in the Terms and Conditions. To be considered for an Inclusive Centenaries Scholarship, you must be:
1. An applicant for international protection in Ireland OR if you have been refused international protection you must be an applicant for permission to remain in Ireland;
OR you must already have:
2. Refugee status, subsidiary protection status, or permission to remain in Ireland;
3. Be a pupil in a secondary school in Ireland on a fulltime basis for the three years preceding the 2017 Leaving Certificate examinations
4. Pass a minimum of six subjects in the 2017 Leaving Certificate examinations and earn at least 450 points overall
5. Have applied for and, by mid-August, meet all requirements to receive an offer of a place on a fulltime undergraduate Level 8 degree course in any College at NUI Galway in the current year via the Central Applications Office, including meeting all points and entry and matriculation requirements
Note Inclusive Centenaries scholars who are eligible to do so are required to apply for a SUSI grant and, if successful, will have the amount of their Inclusive Centenaries Scholarship reduced on a pro rata basis.Application Process The Inclusive Centenaries Scholarship Scheme is administered by the Office of the Vice-President for Student Experience, NUI Galway.
Applicants must submit an application consisting of: (1) Application form; (2) Personal statement; and (3) two reference forms. The deadline for receipt of applications by email is: Friday 14th July 2017. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview during the week of Monday 24th July 2017. Award decisions will be communicated commencing August 21st 2017.
Submit all queries and completed Application and Reference forms to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Osprey Hotel, Naas on Thursday Dec 1st 7pm-9pm